[horde] Re: [imp] Problems with Horde/IMP installation.

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon May 19 20:38:49 PDT 2003

Quoting "Errol U. Neal" <errol.neal at enhtech.com>:

> May I ask you how you did it? I was trying to use 2.0.45 and PHP 4-3.1 with
> the worker mpm. The child process segfaulted everytime I tried to log in.
> Do you plan on upgrading? What platform are you running on?

Well, I did a stock RH 8.0 install and it worked out of
the box.  Then I did my own RPMS for a newer apache and php (see
https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/patches/) and it worked fine.  Had to tweak
a couple settings, but nothing that isn't documented.

The key is probably that you MUST use the prefork MPM with php < 4.3.1 and
you probably want to use it anyway even with >= 4.3.1.  PHP isn't really
thread safe in earlier versions, so don't run it in apache threaded modes.

So you might want to try again with the prefork MPM instead of the worker
MPM and see if it works for you.  There are many happily using apache 2
with php and Horde/IMP, with the prefork MPM.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!