[horde] problem with attachments ,log file and segfaults

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed May 21 14:10:27 PDT 2003

Quoting VaMsY KrIsHnA <vamsy.krishna at indiatimes.com>:

> 1) I am not able to compose a message with attachments of size greater than 2
> MB. The upload_max_file_size in php.ini is set to 10 MB. I don't think this

The default is 2MB.  Did you restart the web server after changing it?
Did you confirm that this is really the php.ini file that php is using
via the phpinfo() output?

> is a problem with php because i was able to send an attachment of size
> greater than 2 Mb from squirrel Mail.

Sounds like it probably isn't a php issue, but could also be that squirrel
mail changes the limit on the fly?  (Don't know, never used squirrel mail).

> When i compose a message i am able to
> successfully attach a file but if the file size is greater than 2 Mb it gives
> me an error after clicking on send. The error usually is DNS server not
> found, or sometimes the browser just gets stuck.

Anything in the web server logs when this happens, or in the system/php log
files?

> However any attachment with size less than 2Mb gets successfully sent only if
> the following is set in horde.php $conf['tmpdir'] = '/tmp'

Do you set the temp. dir in your php.ini file, or not?

> 2) I have set the following in horde.php for log and i created a file
> horde.log in /tmp but nothing shows up in the log file

See message I just posted, or list archives, about no logging with the
newest PEAR LOG modules.  If you have recent PEAR LOG modules, you may
need to downgrade them, or trouble shoot why it works with older PEAR
version but not newer ones.