[horde] problem with attachments ,log file and segfaults

sysadmin at intergold.net sysadmin at intergold.net
Fri May 23 07:04:03 PDT 2003

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Quoting VaMsY KrIsHnA <vamsy.krishna at indiatimes.com>:
> > 1) I am not able to compose a message with attachments of size greater than
> > 2 MB. The upload_max_file_size in php.ini is set to 10 MB.
>
> The default is 2MB.  Did you restart the web server after changing it?
> Did you confirm that this is really the php.ini file that php is using
> via the phpinfo() output?

yes i restarted the web server after changing the values and the phpinfo()
output shows me the the value i had set in php.ini.

> > I don't think this is a problem with php because i was able to send an
> > attachment of size greater than 2 Mb from squirrel Mail.
>
> Sounds like it probably isn't a php issue, but could also be that squirrel
> mail changes the limit on the fly?  (Don't know, never used squirrel mail).

Any changes made to the upload_max_filesize in php.ini is reflected in the
compose window of the squirrel mail (It shows the max size that can be
attached) , so it must be taking the value from php.ini.

> > When i compose a message i am able to successfully attach a file but if the
> > file size is greater than 2 Mb it gives
> > me an error after clicking on send. The error usually is DNS server not
> > found, or sometimes the browser just gets stuck.
>
> Anything in the web server logs when this happens, or in the system/php log
> files?

today i tried sending some attachments from horde, i was unable to send
attachments over 1 Mb now (strange). i have checked the apache and php logs but
nothing shows up. The only noticeable log i found was of imap which says the
following.

May 23 19:19:59 mail imapd: DISCONNECTED user=vamsy.krishna, ip=
[:ffff:127.0.0.1] headers=0, body=0

The noticeable part is as soon as i click the send button with an attachment
greater than 1 MB i get the above line on the log and either the browser gets
stuck or it shows me a error page saying DNS server not found.

> > However any attachment with size less than 2Mb gets successfully sent only
> if
> > the following is set in horde.php $conf['tmpdir'] = '/tmp'
>
> Do you set the temp. dir in your php.ini file, or not?

yes my php.ini has a line like this "upload_tmp_dir=/tmp" but still attachments
work only when $conf['tmpdir'] = '/tmp' is set in horde.php

--
VaMsY KrIsHnA