[horde] backend for motd.php

Brian Dube brian.dube at gotgoat.com
Mon Jun 9 00:24:22 PDT 2003

Has anyone worked on a database backend for motd.php? I thought about
using a database to store messages and notices to users and having
motd.php display them by date in a table. My first thought was a
separate Horde application that lets users view all the notices, and
then motd.php would only display messages no older than a set
threshhold; I've since abandoned the idea of a separate Horde
application for this purpose, but I'd be interested in working on it if
others would find it useful.

If this functionality is already provided somewhere, I either
overlooked it or didn't think it was quite what I had in mind.