[horde] Horde/IMP/Apache and Send Mail

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jun 16 20:07:19 PDT 2003

Quoting Norris Ward <nappy_d at rogers.com>:

> Just be sure that I did change the correct lines, in the
> /horde/config/horde.php would these bee the correct lines to change and
> uncomment?
>
> $conf['mailer']['type'] = 'sendmail';  <-- This would be changed to smtp

Yes.

> // An array holding any parameters that the Mail object will need to
> // function correctly. For sendmail, this is mainly the sendmail_path
> // option; SMTP requires at least a server and a port (if nonstandard).
> // SMTP authentication can be enabled by setting the 'auth' parameter
> // to true.
> $conf['mailer']['params'] = array();
> $conf['mailer']['params'] = array('sendmail_path' => '/usr/lib/sendmail');
> $conf['mailer']['params'] = array('host' => 'localhost'); <-- I changed this
> to localhost rather than an FQDN

Yes, and/or set the smtp host in horde/imp/config/servers.php, which says
this important note about it:

 * smtphost: If specified, and $conf['mailer']['type'] is set to 'smtp',
 * IMP will use this host for outbound SMTP connections.  This value
 * overrides any existing $conf['mailer']['params']['host'] value at runtime.

http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/config/index.php#c28

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics