[horde] The gettext PHP extension

Nuno Loureiro nuno at co.sapo.pt
Wed Jun 18 02:44:36 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 10:29, Paulo Silva wrote:
> I want to install horde on a web hosting service I have subscribed, but they
> do not allow me to install/enable the gettext extension. How can I install
> horde without having to use gettext ? Since I just want to use english
> language, I don't need additional languages, so I think I do not need
> gettext.
>
> So, is it possible to install horde without gettext, in some way ?

To install it without gettext, maybe. To have the portuguese version,
maybe also, but you should forget it.

To install it without gettext, you might have to do a function called
_($msg) and include it in some file that is always included by horde,
and you might have to remove several gettext functions that are in
horde/lib/NLS.php (easiest way to find them is to check the errors :)).

I'm not 100% sure if this will work, but in a first glance can't see why
not.

Abracos,

 Nuno

--