[horde] Horde/IMP/Apache and Send Mail

Norris Ward nappy_d at rogers.com
Wed Jun 25 20:43:34 PDT 2003

Hi all,
	I am close but don't know how close yet.  Here is the snippet from my
horde.php file regarding smtp auth.  With auth enabled I get the error
"unable to authenticate to smtp server"
** Mailer
 **/

// What method should we use for sending mail? Valid options are
// currently 'sendmail' and 'smtp'.
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';

// An array holding any parameters that the Mail object will need to
// function correctly. For sendmail, this is mainly the sendmail_path
// option; SMTP requires at least a server and a port (if nonstandard).
// SMTP authentication can be enabled by setting the 'auth' parameter
// to true.
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array();
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array('sendmail_path' => '/usr/lib/sendmail');
$conf['mailer']['params'] = array('host' => my.fqdn'); <-- I have tried
localhost, the IP and the FQDN all seems to cause the same issue. So, I
don't think that is the problem

// Added by Me on 6.17.2003 This will allow for SMTP authentication
// when sending mail
$conf['mailer']['params']['auth'] = true;

Here is the output from my smtp mailer daemon:

220 www.mydomain.net ESMTP Sendmail 8.11.6/8.11.6; Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:
30:01 -0400
ehlo www.norrcommsolutions.net
250-www.mydomain.net Hello [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx], pleased to meet you
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE
250-DSN
250-ONEX
250-ETRN
250-XUSR
250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN <--as you can see auth plain is enabled
250 HELP

Is there any other config lines that need to be edited in the horde.php?