[horde] Update Problems Take II

Rob Brandt bronto at csd-bes.net
Thu Jun 26 08:26:38 PDT 2003

OK, I've decided to update to the latest snapshot instead of the latest stable.

When I try to access Horde, I get the error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/var/www/html/horde2/index.php on line 28.

I am doing a side by side installation so that I have a functional Horde until I
have the new one functional.  The address of the old one would be like
http://www.example.com/horde , and the new one is at
http://www.example.com/horde2 .  I've run /horde2/test.php, and everything
checks out.  I've already observed some cookie confusion, but am content to
delete my cookies while switching back and forth.  Both installations use the
same database, and I've added the horde_category_attributes table that is new
since my last installation.  I've observed no other db differences.  I've
configured /config/conf.php and registry.php, and made changes in registry.php
to the Horde section so that web root is /horde2 and "icon" is
/horde2/graphics/horde.gif.  I've made active the main applications only, such
as IMP, ingo, kronolith, turba, etc.  I've done the configuration of IMP,
setting up the server.  All the .dist files have been renamed and made sure
their (and all the others) permissions are right.  Can't think of anything else
to check, so I'm asking here.  Line 28, BTW, references the "initial application".

TIA

Rob