[horde] Problems with IMAP

Ron Cooper rcooper at jamesconeyisland.com
Wed Jul 9 17:02:55 PDT 2003

Quoting Mark Gardner <markg at byu.edu>:

> checking for iconv support... no
> checking for IMAP support... yes
> checking for pam_start in -lpam... yes
> checking for crypt in -lcrypt... (cached) yes
> configure: error: Cannot find rfc822.h. Please check your IMAP
> installation.

You need to install the development RPM's for the IMAP you are using.
RedHat (and others) seperate the development stuff from the binaries. So
when you see -devel- in the filename people with automatically know
it's development related stuff for that package. So you are going to
have to look for something like imap-devel-<something>.i386.rpm.

You will probably end up installing lots of *-devel-*.i386.rpm files for
a lot of different packages.   I suggest you install all stuff you
compile that is  non RedHat software by passing --prefix=/usr/local to
./configure so that it will install into the /usr/local/* tree instead
of /usr/*

Cheers
Ron