[horde] Horde/Imp installation (authentication?) problem

Raj Gandhi raj_gandhi at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 09:42:25 PDT 2003

Thanks for the reply (someone does care!).  I'm running
Horde 2.2.3
Imp 3.2.1
Everything in test.php is "green yes" except MCAL and PostgreSQL (and I don't use those).

I'm not at my XP machine right now so I can't quote the error message.  I'll reply again
with that error.

Maybe I'll reiterate my current status:
 - www.mydomain.com/horde/  Logging in works, gives me a reasonable Horde screen
 - click on "Log in to Mail" gives me the Imp login screen and I enter the same login info:
   - With Win2k & IE 5.50 Logging in to Imp returns a "This page cannot be displayed" in the upper frame and the Horde toolbar in the lower frame.
   - Clicking on 'Mail' just refreshes the error (Win2k "This page cannot be displayed")
   - Clicking on Horde gives me a welcome screen, shows Inbox
 - Inbox works fine.  Mail can be sent and received fine.

My current guess is that there is something wrong with my Imp/MySQL setup (preferences?).  I don't know MySQL so I ordered the O'Reilly book.

Thanks,
Raj

Mike Cochrane <mike at graftonhall.co.nz> wrote:
> ----- Message from raj_gandhi at yahoo.com ---------
>
> So, I've boiled my problem down to an imp/IMAP authentication problem.
>
> I reverted my install to auth in horde with IMAP. Now, I'm able to log in to
> horde. When I click "Log into Mail" and give the same login info to imp, I
> get significant errors (like in my previous messages) with my Win2k machine.
> However, with WinXP, I'm getting logged-in but with errors "...Line:
> 597....Error: Access denied". My WinXP machine is running IE 6.0.2800.

Just so we can keep track fo what's going on here. Can you paste the complete
error message and what versions of horde and imp you're trying to install.

Thanks

- mike :-)