[horde] How do I go about starting a new Horde project?

michael young mhyoung at valdosta.edu
Mon Jul 14 13:47:24 PDT 2003

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

>Quoting michael young <mhyoung at valdosta.edu>:
>

>>this is what's in the docs.
>>
>>if ((condition1) || (condition2)) {
>>action1;
>>} elseif ((condition3) && (condition4)) {
>>action2;
>>} else {
>>defaultaction;
>>}
>>

>... except indented.
>

>>I always use the GNU style.
>>Which does appear to be exceptable for use in Horde.
>>

>Uh, it's not the same style. So no.
>
>Maybe you should talk about bit more about what this new project is?

I'll be glad to. I work for a university. A while back (3 or 4 years)
the dean wanted a systems follows: It should be web based, authenticate
to our novell server through LDAP, and have 2 primary functions.

1. A database for computers, software and misc. stuff (TV's, VCR's,
hubs, switches, etc.). For the computers it should keep detailed info
such as: serial number, make, model, amount and type of ram, HD
capacity, etc.. Also, where it is (college, building, department, room,
etc.) and who has or is using it. For software, name of software,
version, serial number, key codes, license number, number of licenses,
which machines installed on, etc..

Function 2, a web site users can go to to request help, view the status
of thier problem and the solution, who the assigned tech. is, etc..
The person in charge of the tech. department can view new problems and
assign a tech. to it, and view current and old jobs also. When a tech
logs in they will see new jobs assigned to them, current jobs there
working on and old jobs they worked on in the past.

we found a program that took care of the computer inventory. We d/l it
and wrote the rest of it. But we really want to rewrite it. It is in
PHP3. We want PHP4.  Out of this has come a second, smaller project for
managing LDAP, but it is only a side project.  We think this could be a
nice addition to Horde.

What does everyone think?

BTW, yall have done a great job with Horde. Thank you so much.