[horde] language detection problem

Bernhard Werner bernhard at deg.net
Tue Jul 15 09:42:53 PDT 2003

Hi everybody!

I recognized a problem in the horde framework concerning the automatic
language detection (maybe with gettext). Every time I open the website it
shows me the English version of the login page. Even when I logged in (due
to user settings stored in mysql db) or I changed the language in the
beginning of the login process horde doesn't care about what I want it to do
:|
Are there any suggestions concerning this topic? I'm using the current Horde
and IMP stables on a Debian woody 3.0r1 machine. I also recompiled gettext
(and even PHP with the updated gettext libs) because I thought about some
library misbehaviour, due to some earlier postings about gettext becoming
more native to php from the 0.11 version onwards. Whatever that means??!??

Well I hope that some of you already had some similar behaviour and can
maybe help me with this issue.

BTW (all PEAR packages are up-to-date and all necessary things are compiled
into PHP)

Thanks

-Bernhard