[horde] session.bug_compat_42 Warning

Neil Jolly neil at jollycom.ca
Wed Jul 16 14:40:22 PDT 2003

I get the following warning string displayed only on logout:

Warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect
which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session
extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless
register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this
warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to
off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0

I searched google for the error and found several messagesd saying to
add "session.bug_compat_42 = Off" and/or "session.bug_compat_warn = Off"
to the phph.ini, which I did and restarted apache. That fixed it on the
login screen, but not on the logout screen. Everything else works well.

I'm using:

horde-2.2.3-1
php-4.3.1-1

Any suggestions?

--
Neil Jolly

(with Yoda-like voice)
"Confrontation leads to anger...  Anger leads to fear...  Fear leads
to using Windows NT in mission-critical combat systems...  And this is
how the ancients fell...