[horde] session.bug_compat_42 Warning

Neil Jolly neil at jollycom.ca
Thu Jul 17 15:19:57 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-16 at 16:13, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> Quoting Neil Jolly <neil at jollycom.ca>:
>
> > I get the following warning string displayed only on logout:
> >
> > Warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect
> > which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session
> > extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless
> > register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this
> > warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to
> > off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0
> >
> > I searched google for the error and found several messagesd saying to
> > add "session.bug_compat_42 = Off" and/or "session.bug_compat_warn = Off"
> > to the phph.ini, which I did and restarted apache. That fixed it on the
> > login screen, but not on the logout screen. Everything else works well.
>
> Unless you have more than one php.ini file on your system, I don't see
> how it could be fixed in one place and not in another.  You might check
> to see if you have more than one php.ini file, and they are somehow getting
> used for different pages...

No I only have the one php.ini (I did check!), but I have discovered
more since the first email. The problem was not resolved at lonin screen
after all, but only occurs if you close your browser, and then return to
the login screen again, or log out. I you refresh the page the error
message disappears. Are there any changes I could make in the code to
resolve this issue, since the php.ini changes do not seem to have any
effect. Suggestions anyone?

Thanks,
--
Neil Jolly

(with Yoda-like voice)
"Confrontation leads to anger...  Anger leads to fear...  Fear leads
to using Windows NT in mission-critical combat systems...  And this is
how the ancients fell...