[horde] How to activate PostgreSQL

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Jul 20 15:34:55 PDT 2003

Quoting c.reiter at roteskreuz-schwaz.at:

> Zitat von Peter Abrahamsen <peidran at u.washington.edu>:
> > Are you starting postmaster with -i?
>
> Yes, Postmaster is started from the RedHat init-Script

That means nothing except that it is started.

> but i've tested via TCP from another Host.

If that is so, then I guess it is enabled on tcp.

> Postmaster is accepting connections via TCP from the local
> subnet and from "localhost".

Okay.  Although accepting connections isn't the same as working/authenticating.
But from what you say, it probably is.

> So I think this can't be the problem....

Try being more specific in your params array, specifying protocol (tcp or
sockets), specifying port number or socket path, etc.

Try logging the postgresql output (edit your startup script and remove the
redirects to /dev/null, and instead direct it to a file like /var/log/pgsql.log)

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!