[horde] Re: Quick Horde question if I might...

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Jul 20 16:31:55 PDT 2003

Quoting Chris Picciotto <chris at picciotto.net>:

Sorry about the last message.

> I saw your name in the mail list... so hope you don't mind what should be an
> easy question for you.

You should really post it to the list.

> Just installed latest "stable" horde and Kronolith. Did so with the mysql
> backends for prefs and auth (at least as best I could according to the
> INSTALL files...).

Okay.

> Problem is... there are no users initially in the users table! So how does
> one log in? How do you add other users?

You have to add the users, in what ever way you feel comfortable.
You can add a user named "admin" with password "admin" with the following
sql:

INSERT INTO horde_users (user_uid, user_pass) VALUES ('admin',
'21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3');

Please note that Horde sql passwords are stored as md5() values, and not
as mysql password() values.

> Any quick direction for me would be very appreciated.

You'd probably get faster replies from the mailing list.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!