[horde] Question about hook
etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Wed Jul 23 13:33:12 PDT 2003
I am playing around with hooks. I read the comment in
horde/config/hooks.php but have problem understanding the following
* NOTE 3: Any preference that is NOT LOCKED, that is set by a hook, WILL BE
* SAVED WITH THAT VALUE. This means several things:
* 1) Users will get the results of the hook set for them in their preferences.
* 2) By virtue of this, the next time they log in and load their preferences,
* the hook will NOT be called, because in their last session, we saved the
* results of the hook for them. However, if the preference is locked, the
* result of the hook will never be saved.
I am writing a hook for the from_addr (fetching the alias from LDAP).
Considering that this value *could* change in the future, I would like
to check it on each logon. If I am reading the previous paragraph
correctly, if I lock this pref it should not be saved, thus (as I
understand it) the hook will be called at each login. Is that right or
If I am right, it don't work. In horde/config/prefs.php, I edited the
from_addr section as such :
// user preferred email address for From: line
$_prefs['from_addr'] = array(
'value' => '',
'locked' => true,
'shared' => true,
'type' => 'implicit',
'hook' => true);
Yet, from_addr is saved in the prefs and the hook is not called on
Is there something I miss here ? Thanks very much for you answers.
Etienne Goyer Linux Québec Technologies Inc.
http://www.LinuxQuebec.com etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
More information about the horde