[horde] Creating new "block" for portal.php

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 24 09:25:11 PDT 2003

Quoting Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com>:

> > Sounds reasonable.  But a block for this is overkill, IMHO.
>
> I welcome suggestion on simpler way of doing this ! :)

If your setup is like mime (I think I remember it was) put it in
horde/config/motd.php.

If not, modify horde/templates/login/user.inc to display it.  (That is
perhaps the first time I've ever recommended modifying the code to
anyone...  wow!)

Or, modify an existing module like accounts to do it (I'd probably be
willing to modify accounts for something like this).  That would give
you an existing block, rather than creating a new one.

The new mottle module, if ever completed, should allow you to put motd
info in a block, but since it isn't finished yet, it doesn't really count.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!