[horde] Re: Re: new horde 4.0 cvs very slow

Andy andy at stronzo.d2g.com
Fri Jul 25 15:58:32 PDT 2003

Quoting Bulba007 <bulba007 at wp.pl>:
> Which option does speed horde/imp depend on?

There is no special switch to accelerate Horde/Imp. But many other points to
look for, your config (as I said before), the way you did set up things,
another big part is played by your IMAP, the amount of your Inbox, your SMTP
etc. pp.

I use Horde with nearly all functionable modules at home on a poor box far
beyond hardware which is used today, all on one box (IMAP, SMTP, Apache etc.
...) which is running super fast. No special tricks and just a 128/768 kbit
line.

The other install is at work with a very special arrangement: Horde on one box
with Linux, IMAP on another box with Win2000 and SMTP on a third box under
Novell ...... Also works great and is very fast, no matter from where and with
which bandwith you call it.

So I really can't confirm your former statement. At least it is hard to confirm
with almost no specific info _what_ is slow at _which_ circumstances.

Andy