[horde] Administrative users and adding users

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Jul 28 11:20:01 PDT 2003

Quoting "Robert Croson, Jr" <robert at arcm.com>:

> I have seen this question, or similar ones, asked several times in the
> archives, but I have not been able to find an answer to this particular
> issue.

The answers are in the archive (I know because I keep answering them).

> If I change to:
>
> $conf['auth']['driver'] = 'sql';
>
> then I can't log in. Regardless of the username/password I enter, I
> keep getting the log-in screen. This is to be expected, since the user
> database is empty.

Yes.  So add some users.

> The question is, how do I get a user into the database so I can add
> more users? I've tried:

INSERT INTO horde_users (user_uid, user_pass) VALUES ('admin',
'21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3');

which will create a user "admin" with a password "admin".  More generically
you could use:

INSERT INTO horde_users (user_uid, user_pass) VALUES ('admin', md5('admin');

The password is the md5() hash of the plain text version.

> $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('horde_user');
>
> when using the auto-log-in per a Horde installation guide I found. But
> it never recognizes me as an admin and I don;t get the admin options. I

There are no admin users or options in your version of Horde.

> also tried 'horde' instead of 'horde_user' with no luck. Am I correct
> in assuming that I need to log in with administrative rights to Horde
> so I can add users?

No.  Add them via sql or any other convenient means.

> If so, how do I do this? Is there a wildcard string
> I can use temporarily to give all users admin rights so I can get the
> user database loaded?

No.  Your version of Horde has no admin interface.

> Horde: 2.2.3

A version without admin support.

--
Eric Rostetter