[horde] Two questions: menu.php and test.php

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Mon Jul 28 12:26:29 PDT 2003

The issue I have is not whether or not the files exist or are executable but the
fact that they are  distributed that way, which leads to a
free-information-disclosure-by-default install.  A simple, low-tech solution is
to distribute the test.php files the same way as the config files, ending in
.dist (i.e. test.php.dist).

If I enable the test.php.dist file by renaming it, the onus is on me to disable
it.  If I don't enable it, it divulges nothing.  As long as test.php exists in
some form, can't prevent a Horde system from divulging info but at least a
.dist by default requires user intervention to see it.  The only changes I see
necessary to accomodate this are documentation related (and of course renaming
test.php to test.php.dist).

Kevin