[horde] Horde file logging

MiikaT mlist.horde2 at finansium.fi
Tue Jul 29 09:20:03 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to get Horde 2.2.3 + imp 3.2.1 + php 4.3.2 on rh9 to
log into a file, I've setup the following things:

$conf['debug_level'] = E_ALL;
$conf['log']['enabled'] = true;
$conf['log']['type'] = 'file';
$conf['log']['name'] = '/tmp/horde.log';
$conf['log']['priority'] = LOG_DEBUG;

Apache runs as user nobody and log file has these rights:

-rw-r--r--    1 nobody   nobody          0 Jul 29 19:16 /var/log/horde.log

The log file doesn't get anything, if I change logging to syslog that
will work. If I delete the file, I get a php error about log file
not found or can't create. Any idea, what might be the cause for this?

-MiikaT