[horde] troubleshooting - DB Error: connect failed

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 6 14:17:28 PDT 2003

Quoting Adrian DeBoer <stud_muffin_540 at yahoo.com>:

> -  In the horde.php, added the following line:
>
> $conf['storage']['params']['socket'] =
> '/home/mysql/mysql.sock';

We established earlier you are using tcp port connections and not
unix sockets, so the above should not be needed or desired.

> I tried that, and then tried changing ['storage'] to
> ['auth'] like all the other sql configurations...still

If you can log in to Horde, then your authentication is okay, and there
is nothing wrong with the $conf['auth'] array, so leave it alone.

> didn't work.  I also added this line to the

Because your auth is fine.  You problem is elsewhere (preferences, categories,
etc).

> If anyone wants to see my /horde/config/horde.php and
> /horde/kronolith/config/conf.php - just to make sure
> everything is in order....I gladly send you them ASAP.

Maybe post a copy to the mailing list after removing any sensitive info
like passwords...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics