[horde] Logging into Horde - Current HEAD release

Kevin Angus kangus at acats.com
Sun Aug 10 15:10:21 PDT 2003

I have fought this long enough:

1. The overview from Mike Cochrane shows the user table as having a 'host'
column but the database creation DDL scripts with the current HEAD of Horde
does not have the column (field) 'host' in the horde_user table.

2. The auth_initial_user.sql does: INSERT INTO horde_users (user_uid,
user_pass) VALUES ('admin', '21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3'); ... is the
password value $encrypted_data = mcrypt_generic($td, $message); or MD5 or
'PASSWORD' or Horde_Cipher::factory('blowfish'); encrypted?

Shouldn't there be an INSERT statement for each of the TWO ways that
Secret.php encrypts and decrypts?

While trying to create a user I get the 'White' screen of death after
submitting my information and nothing is written to the database -- of
course I can not tell if Horde can get to my database!

Any help ?
Thanks