[horde] passwd + script to change pw for vpopmail without mysql

eLgino eLgino at n3rd.at
Wed Aug 13 08:01:19 PDT 2003

Hello there,

I will write a mini-script to change the password for vpopmail without
mysql, but i'm not very high skilled @php, an the shell
my script WOULD be like:

passwd/config/backends.php :

$backends['expect'] = array(
    'name' => 'Example expect script',
    'preferred' => '',
    'password policy' => array(),
    'driver' => 'expect',
    'params' => array(
        'program' => '/usr/local/bin/php',
        'script' => '/usr/local/www/horde/passwd/scripts/passwd.php'
      )
);

and my passwd/scripts/passwd.php :

<?php
shell_exec("/usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vpasswd $username $password $password");
?>

*/ YES i have set the right permissions to ../bin/vpasswd, i can use the
programm with EVERY user!, thats not the problem

i need the variables! for the USERNAME how would like to change the password
and the NEW PASSWORD for the user @/scripts/passwd.php

<?php
shell_exec("/usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vpasswd $USERNAME_I_NEED_THE_VARIABLE
$PASSWORD_I_NEED_THE_VARIABLES  $PASSWORD_I_NEED_THE_VARIABLES TOO');
?>

i hope anyone can understand my suggestion and my poor english, and i hope i
become an answer ;)

thank you very much, and horde rocks tha house ! ;)

eLgino