[horde] FAILED LOGIN line 44 of "/usr/local/www/horde/login.php"

Wilkinson,Alex Alex.Wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed Aug 13 19:38:42 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I have a fairly frustrating situation.

I am have just installed horde2 on a FreeBSD -STABLE box from the ports collection.
Previously I have done this and edited the file /usr/local/www/horde/config/horde.php,
changed this line:

$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'ftp';

from imap to ftp, and volia I could log in.

In the past I have always installed horde/turba etc from the physical console.
However, I have a situation where I need to install/configure turba remotely.
This is where I have seem to have the problem.

I have built all the prerequites, and have installed horde2, I have edited
/usr/local/www/horde/config/horde.php

$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'imap';
to become
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'ftp';

I can ftp into the box itself, confirming that ftp works fine. However, when I attempt to
login via http://hostname/horde/index.php I continuedly get this error and cannot log in:

kernel: Aug 14 11:43:21 hostname HORDE[18971]: [horde] FAILED LOGIN for a [127.0.0.1] to Horde [on line 44 of "/usr/local/www/horde/login.php"]

OK, so I suspect maybe I can't log in remotely for some bizarre reason, so I try and connect
with /usr/ports/www/links whilst ssh'd into the box. And the result - still the same errors.

I have had this working before, so I am becoming quite frustrated. Can anyone point me
into the right direction.

Thanks

 - aW