[horde] How to integrate another app into Horde?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Sep 7 21:02:39 PDT 2003

Quoting Ray Masa <raymasa at hotmail.com>:

> I have an application (mySQL/PHP) with its own username/password
> authentication.  I would like to include this app within Horde and would
> like Horde to authenticate it.  Is that possible?  How can it be done?

It can certainly be done. The short version is to put something like this inside
the authentication function of your app:

@define('HORDE_BASE', '/path/to/your/horde');
require HORDE_BASE . '/lib/base.php';

if ($user = Auth::getAuth()) {
    // authentication is there, $user holds the username
} else {
    // no authentication
}

If you need more details, let us know what version of Horde you're running and
where you're stuck.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>