[horde] How to create a useracount

Chrigi Hartmann admin at webmeischter.ch
Wed Sep 10 13:15:08 PDT 2003

Hi Tim

> try search on horde mailing list
> like 'create user'
> I came up with this message
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=horde&m=105941642816107&w=2
> hopefully the answer that you want.

Thanks for helping me. i read this message and other too. it must be a
simple thing =>

insert into horde_users (user_uid, user_pass) values ('admin',
'21232f297a57a5a743894a0e4a801fc3');

this create a user admin with pw admin. but I can't log in. the error is:

A fatal error has occurred:

Required 'phptype' not specified in authentication configuration.

[line 97 of /inetpub/www/html/horde/lib/Auth/sql.php]

Details have been logged for the administrator.

I have set the log level to 'debug'. but in /tmp/horde.log i didn't have
error messages.

may be this is important for you to know: when I access
http://192.168.xxx.1/horde/test.php i have one error:

# Recent PEAR - No
# This version of PEAR is not recent enough. See the Horde PEAR page for
details.

I installed pear1.1 Do I need a other one? horde is 2.2.3 and kronolith is
1.1

> >> edit horde registry config files to:
> >> /* auth: Handler for user authentication.
> >>  *   Uncomment the auth/login/logout lines if you want to let
> >>  *   IMP handle the authentication for Horde. This avoids the
> >>  *   "double login" while accessing IMP.
> >>  */
> >> $this->registry['auth']['login'] = 'imp';
> >> $this->registry['auth']['logout'] = 'imp';

Again, i don't have installed the imp module cause i don't need it. but i
tried out this with $this->registry['auth... Then i can't access the login
screen - i recieve a error404.

What can I do now?

Greets - Chrigi Hartmann