[horde] Problems with tooltips.js

Rodolfo segleaur at mechanus.org
Sat Sep 20 13:06:47 PDT 2003

i'm wondering if anyone has had any problems lately with the CVS head. I've been
having this problem with the inbox (the problem only shows up on the inbox - it
doesn't seem to crop up with any of the other subfolder mailboxes) with IE 6
with the latest patches.

The error that IE spits out is that there is an unterminanted constant. I've
traced it back to an error (I think) in the /templates/javascript/tooltips.js.
The piece that IE complains about is like:

onmouseover="window.status='Nuevo horario de publicació; return true;"
id="subject31906">Nuevo horario de publicació/a></td>

and I'm guessing that this is partially rendered by the
/templates/javascript/tooltips.js.

It seems that the tooltips.js isn't parsing the accented characters correctly,
so when it goes to render the view - it clashes with the HTML.

Though, the interesting thing is that Mozilla doesn't complain about it.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Cheers,

Rodolfo

--
Equal opportunity means everyone will have a fair chance at being incompetent. -
 Laurence J. Peter