[horde] pear trouble during installation of Horde on OpenBSD 3.3

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Mon Sep 22 15:10:30 PDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 02:53:36PM -0700, Renegade Rhythms wrote:
> Hello,
>    I am trying to install Horde and I'm having some trouble.
>    Horde doesn't recognize that I have PEAR installed.

I'd recommend that you install OpenBSD 3.4 (its not quite released
yet, but a very close snapshot is available).  I've upgraded the Horde
and PHP ports there to work with the Apache chroot by default.

You need to follow the OpenBSD install instructions for PHP
available in the PHP documentation, and then install the Horde binary
packages.  Follow the post-install instructions, and you should end
up with an install of Horde that works under the Apache chroot.

--
Anil Madhavapeddy                                   http://anil.recoil.org
University of Cambridge                            http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk