[horde] Horde login fails 'all of a sudden...'

Derek Colley derek at netsimple.net
Sat Oct 4 13:33:30 PDT 2003

Hi,

I have a horde installation (CVS HEAD, authentication via IMP/IMAP) that has
been working fine for a couple of weeks. Midway through today something
changed and now I'm unable to login to Horde/IMP with my userID. Other users
are able to use the system.

Could this be a Linux crypt problem? I copied users from an old server and
kept their old passwords: format: "xx2eu9uqMeGKw", but new users get
"$1$.m5zII7w$.0I8xM/9LmgCWwyj4rgee1".

I can't remember when I changed my password, but I'm sure it has been in the
new format for some time now. Anyway, I am able to get mail using Outlook so
the password should be OK.

Where can I look to see what is failing?

Many thanks,
Derek