Fwd: RE: [horde] RE-SEND: Horde Installation

Mike Bydalek mbydalek at zivix.com
Tue Oct 28 14:03:38 PST 2003

> Thanks for your reply. Must PHP be installed and configured by root
> perpetually? What if my apache web server is run by another acoount?

Generally it would be a good idea to set up PHP using root, unless another use
has write-access to libexec/  Try it, or look at http://www.php.net Once php is
installed tho, the web-server runs it.  So if Apache (or whatever) is run by
www, then www will run PHP...

It seems like your user/group associations in *nix are lacking in certain areas,
so the best way to learn is to try it.  Change to the user running your
webserver and try to install PHP according to the documentation.  Although if
your httpd-user has a shell, then that's a security issue all in itself.

-Mike