[horde] Horde non changing language output

Giorgio Zarrelli zarrelli at systems.it
Fri Oct 31 04:34:26 PST 2003

Hi,

well, Horde is now quite working on my server, but I have a strange problem. I
want the default language to be italian, so I went in horde/config/lang.php
and set

/* The langauge to fall back on if we cannot determine one any other
   way (user choice, preferences, HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE). */
$nls['defaults']['language'] = 'it_IT';

/* The charset to fall back on if we cannot determine one any other
   way (chosen language, HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSETS). */
$nls['defaults']['charset'] = 'ISO-8859-1';

Then in the operating system I made (it's a Debian)

apt-get install gettext
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, gettext is already the newest version.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.

Then:

dpkg-reconfigure locales

And I chose:

[*] it_IT ISO-8859-1

Then

Which locale should be the default in the system environment?

it_IT

and  so:

Generating locales...
  it_IT.ISO-8859-1.../usr/sbin/locale-gen: line 22:  7315 Killed
localedef -i $input -c -f $charset $locale
 done
Generation complete.

I went into horde and at the login screenI chose "Italiano"...well...horde is
in english...in the config inside the menus of horde I chose "italiano" as
the preferred messages...nothing...I have all the messages in english.

The PHP was compiled with gettext support, as it's shown from phpinfo()

gettext
GetText Support 	enabled

What am I doing wrong?

Thanx