[horde] (no subject)

Katie Scott katie at singularpoint.com
Thu Nov 13 09:49:10 PST 2003

Not sure if this is the solution but...

I couldn't login to mysql from horde but could from the command line and from
within another php script.

I added
horde.php:$conf['auth']['params']['protocol'] = 'tcp';
horde.php:$conf['prefs']['params']['protocol'] = 'tcp';
to the horde config file.    Might have been another place or two I added that.

It solved my connection problems for mysql.

FYI,

Katie
David Pieper wrote:

> Can you log in as the horde user from te command line?
>
> psql -h 127.0.0.1 -U horde horde
>
> Have you reloaded/restarted postgres since adding your horde entries to
> the pg_hba.conf? (sorry, just had to ask)

Yes, I can log in from the command line, and I have re-started both
postgres and httpd.

Incidentally, when I log in from the command line, the postgres logs
record the connection. No connection (successful or unsuccessful) is
recorded when Horde fails to access the preferences database (from its
php scripts). That's why I think php-pgsql is dysfunctional somehow.
Maybe it is expecting a missing environment variable, or something like
that?

- Mike