[horde] preferences sql causes php.exe crash (win32)(more)

Justin jz at harbell.net
Mon Nov 17 13:05:20 PST 2003

----------------- (more)
This problem is intermittent.  php.exe crashes when I try to login to
horde. I'm using imap authentication, and two separate logins for horde
and imp. The crash happens about half the time -- again, when I submit
from the horde login page. If I make it by the horde login, then imp
login also succeeds. Mysql works fine... I can store imp preferences,
turba contacts, etc.
If I configure a single login (imp/imap) then login fails with a php.exe
crash every time. The server is Windows 2000, SP4.
Also, upon successful login I'm unable to send mail, even when I loosen
up restricytions on the smtp sever.

Note, I'm having trouble finding mcal -- is it needed?
-----------------

Again, I have this trouble if I change (in horde.conf):
    $conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'none';
    $conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';
then on the Windows 2000 Apache 1.3 server I get:
   "php.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will
need to restart the program."

With 'none' horde, imp, and turba all run fine (albeit without
preferences), but with 'sql' I get the above message popup on the server
console, and this in Apache's error log:
[Mon Nov 17 14:20:54 2003] [error] [client 172.16.30.18] Premature end
of script headers: d:/programs/php/php.exe

Once I clear the popup the browser displays "Internal Server Error"

I've tried downgrading PHP 4.3.4 to 4.3.1, but no luck. I'm running PHP
in CGI mode, and loading PHP as a module cause Apache to crash when I
access the horde framework from Mozilla 1.5.

It's worth noting that I had to replace php_mcrypt.dll (as per
http://www.devside.net/web/server/win32/php-bin
) in oder to get past a different error related to loading the
php_mcrypt extension.

At this point I'm only using horde, imp, and turba, and they are all the
production/stable/released/latest versions as of Nov,16,2003. I had
earlier versions of horde, mysql, php and pear running fine, but I
wanted to update the entire environment so installed from scratch. I'm
stumpped as to what might be the problem.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
jz