[horde] I'll pay...

Myke Place mp at xmission.com
Wed Nov 19 15:54:35 PST 2003

* Henry Blackman (h.blackman at chester.ac.uk) [031117 11:00] spake thusly:

> > PHP is a painfull beast to compile. It has LOTS of tricky dependencies
> > to get correctly installed. Get the precompiled versions for your
> > OS/distribution.
>
> I *always* say compile a copy of PHP.  Distributions that contain it never
> work 100% when they need more than just what is compiled in.  I find
> knuckling down and compiling PHP is usually relatively easy and more often
> than not, works 100%.

Has anybody considered submitting a PHP package to the Debian project that
is compiled with Horde in mind? I have a few PHP packages that we use on
our production servers that I'd be happy to give to anybody who asks, but
it might be worth offering something publically. If anybody on the list
wants to discuss the possiblity of maintaining a PHP package geared
towards Horde, in a public repository, please contact me and let's talk.

-mp
mp at xmission.com