[horde] Re: Error: "Required 'phptype' not specified in authentication configuration"

Marcus I. Ryan marcus at horde.org
Thu Dec 4 06:31:12 PST 2003

The response is because we've repeatedly pointed out your error and you refuse
to listen.  You've been told in the channel, and the post you were referred
to said explicitly:

    You need to set it for $conf['auth']['params']['phptype'] in addition
    to $conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'].

I don't know how much clearer we could be and you've been told this repeatedly
in the IRC channel as well.  You have an array you posted, a series of
statements starting with $conf['prefs']['params'].  You've been told in the
version of horde you want to run, that stanza must be REPEATED for
$conf['auth']['params'] (of course, changing the table to your horde auth
table).

You're refusing to listen, despite repeated explanations.  You can be rude and
nasty, trying to make us sound like equally rude and incompetent morons all
you want, but it won't fix your problems, and certainly doesn't inspire
others to try and help you.  Remember, we're all volunteers doing this for
free out of the goodness and/or geekness of our hearts.

Marcus I. Ryan, marcus at horde.org
 "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it
 flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice weasels come."
                 -- Matt Groening