[horde] French language doesn't work for me !

Damien Harper damien.harper at keops.net
Tue Dec 9 09:18:57 PST 2003

Hi,
I'm currently running an english Horde setup (HEAD). My principal use of
this Horde setup is Whups, Chora, Turba, IMP / MIMP, Nag, Mnemo and
Kronolith.
I'm french and work in a french company so that many users complain about
this english setup. The problem is that when I try to run it with French
language, I get many errors within Whups and other modules.

For example: as soon as I record a ticket or anything else (types,
priorities...) containing accented characters (é è à ê â ...), all of them
are displayed as in chinese or Japanese ! It also gives me as many
javascript error like "unterminated string"... as accented characters.

I had a look in the database and saw that strings are saved as UTF-8 encoded
even if my driver configuration is set to use iso-8859-1

If I switch back to english language, strings are displayed as if they
weren't UTF-8 decoded.

What's the solution ? Any clue ?
Thanks.

Regards,