[horde] Prefs_UI::generateUI($group);

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Dec 9 15:52:36 PST 2003

Quoting Tom Hodder <tom at scriptsupport.co.uk>:

> I'm using the Prefs_UI::generateUI($group) function to generate t preferences
> page, but I would like to store the output in a variable, and then insert
> that variable into a template. Is there any way to do that rather than
> somesort of output buffering hack using ob_start()?

No. Why does everyone consider output buffering hackish? It's a very fast and
efficient way of doing stuff like this (I benchmarked including a file vs.
output buffering each inclusion of it for thousands of iterations, and the
difference is basically nil).

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"I'm really... I'm not too fascinated by green food." - Average Joe