[horde] language

Johan Fredriksson eskil at e.kth.se
Mon Dec 15 07:23:39 PST 2003

> > We have the following problem. we choose german-language to use with
> > horde. one time the page came out in englisch (all words) in another
> > time in german. what we can do is to restart the apache server.
> > Then it was functioned for about 2 days, then the same errors appear.
> > I also have remake the .mo file and reinstall gettext, but this wasn't
> > the solution.
>
> I have experienced the same problem (with apache 2.0.47, PHP 4.3.2 and
> Horde 2.2.1). It feels like horde "forget" tings. Most often the
> language
> but also other settings sometimes.
> If you find the cause of this problem - or better still, a solution -
> please let me know.

I have lived with this problem for almost a year now. I have uppgraded
everything; RedHat-distribution, gettext, apache, php, horde and many
more, but nothing helpes!
The funny thing is that somethimes it changes language in the middle
of a webpage. I have attached a snapshot of the lower right corner of
the page malibox.php where this error has occured. As you can see the
strings "Hide deleted" and "Message to" have been properly translated
to swedish, but the strings "Purge Deleted", "Move" and "Copy" have not.

Have any one else than me noticed this behaviour, and what can I do
about it???

Best Regards.

         / Johan Fredriksson
           Sysadmin, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm