Fwd: Re: [horde] language

Daniel Eckl daniel.eckl at gmx.de
Tue Dec 16 07:51:17 PST 2003

Zitat von Johan Fredriksson <eskil at e.kth.se>:

> > This is not a bug. Gettext is not thread safe, it's the way it works.
> > And gettext is not the only library causing problems in a multithreaded
> > environment. See http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache2.php and
> > the PHP mailing lists for details.
>
> So why no use the implementation provided by the I18N PEAR-package?
> It is implemented PHP only and does not use the PHP-wrappers for
> the functions in gettext.
>
>         / Johan

This would be a big change. And lot ot work. But sounds really cool.

But all the lang files have to be converted with this. Perhaps one could
maintain the languages in a xml file which Tree can use directly.
Or even let Tree read it from xml once after an update/installation and if
wanted put it into a database like mysql with the function switchDataSource()
from Tree_OptionsDB ...

Never ending options..... wow...

Greets,
Daniel