[horde] Netscape < 5 support in HEAD ?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue Dec 16 10:26:31 PST 2003

Quoting Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com>:

| Hi,
|
| I am running an HEAD snapshot from early november.  Today, I received a
| complaint regarding the display on Netscape 4.7x.  I will be
| investigating the issue, but before I spend too much time on that, I was
| wondering what is the status of Netscape < 5 support in HEAD and, if
| supported, are there any known issues.

Don't count on much.  We try not to break things with Netscape < 5 (i.e. we turn
off page compression), but when it comes to clean CSS/other HTML display, you
are really out of luck since Netscape 4.x is notoriously bad at rendering
pages.  So you'll be able to see content when viewing with Netscape 4.x, but
don't expect stuff to look good/line up correctly/be the correct color/etc.

michael