[horde] Horde "after login page"

Thomas Gemperli tom at arch.ethz.ch
Wed Dec 17 05:04:56 PST 2003

Hi all

First I would like to say thank you. Horde and it's modules are a
great piece of software. Somewhat pretentious with prerequisites, it
was a nice "compile orgy" to get all the libs and a php which fulfil
all the requirements of horde and its modules. :)

Second, sorry for my english, my native language is german.

Third, the problem.
I have installed HORDE from cvs snapshots (2003-12-01) on a SGI with
IRIX 6.5.21 and PHP4.3.4
Almost everything is working, except one little featue, that most
users of this system would like to use.

Within the "Options" Menu of horde is a submenu called "Display
Options". The user has the possibility to change the application that
should be displayed after login. Most users want their Inbox inside
the startpage, so they choose "Mail".
Userprefs backend is mysql, the setting is saved correctly in
horde::horde_prefs::initial_application as pref_value "imp".

But whatever users set, the horde page just displays things, that are
defined in "Layout".

Any idea what could go wrong here? Or is this a misunderstanding of
the feature for my part? Or a missing/wrong config statement?
Or exist an other way to display the Inbox inside the "startpage"?

Thanks for reading
Thomas