[horde] Help needed debuging PHP on solaris

Joerg Friedrich Joerg.Dieter.Friedrich at uni-konstanz.de
Sun Dec 21 05:32:57 PST 2003

Hi!

At our university we're using HORDE/IMP/TURBA (stable) for our
Webmailservice, and we're happy with this. Since we bought 2 new Sun
Fire V240 as replacement for our old servers, I wanted to take the
chance and build php with support for all modules needed by the
cvs-versions of the Horde-Framework.

Especially the utf-8 conversion of all output with iconv and mbstring
sounds very interesting, but php seems to segfault on Solaris 9 with
this options enabled. You can see my discussions with the
php-developpers at http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=26264

The problem is that I was not able to reproduce this bug with a smaller
script than the  horde login.php which has many dependencies on
php-modules other than the iconv and mbstring.

Btw: php only seems to segfault when $nls['defaults']['charset'] is set
to iso-8859-x, when set to UTF-8 it doesn't segfault, but there is a
warning in my php-error-log like "Cannot convert charset from iso8859-1
to iso8859-1, and everything is shown in english.

--
Jörg Friedrich