[horde] Upgrading horde from 2.1 to 2.2.4

Markku Leinio markku.leinio at turkuamk.fi
Tue Dec 23 10:23:53 PST 2003

In September, there was a discussion:

>Zitat von michael young <mhyoung at valdosta.edu>:
>
> > Hi,
> >         I have currently have Horde 2.1 and imp 3.1 installed. I want to
> > upgrade to Horde 2.2.4 and IMP 3.2.2 .
> > I'm not sure what to do about the horde and imp databases. Can I use the
> > old ones or do I need to run the scripts
> > to create the new ones? Can I use the data in the old ones so uses can
> > keep their settings or do we have to start fresh?
>
>IMP doesn't have own db tables and Horde's didn't change.
>Jan.

I'm in the same situation, but the databases are differing between 2.1 and
2.2.4. Like this:

------ horde-2.1/scripts/db/mysql_create.sql:
CREATE TABLE horde_categories (
        category_id INT not null,
        group_uid VARCHAR(255) not null,
        user_uid VARCHAR(255),
        category_name VARCHAR(255) not null,
        category_data TEXT null,
        category_serialized SMALLINT DEFAULT 0 not null,
        category_updated TIMESTAMP,
        PRIMARY KEY (category_id)
);
CREATE TABLE horde_categories_categories (
        category_id_parent INT not null,
        category_id_child INT not null,
        PRIMARY KEY (category_id_parent, category_id_child)
);

vs.

------ horde-2.2.4/scripts/db/mysql_create.sql:
CREATE TABLE horde_categories (
        category_id INT NOT NULL,
        group_uid VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
        user_uid VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
        category_name VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
        category_parents VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL,
        category_data TEXT,
        category_serialized SMALLINT DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
        category_updated TIMESTAMP,
        PRIMARY KEY (category_id)
);

For me, the differences are somewhat meaningful. Can you please verify, if
the database does not need any conversion while upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2.4.

We are currently running Horde 2.1, IMP 3.1 and Turba 1.1, and are willing
to upgrade to Horde 2.2.4, IMP 3.2.2 and Turba 1.2.1 (without losing the
current user settings etc).

I already saw a convert script for Turba, so that's ok.

--
Markku Leiniö <markku.leinio at turkuamk.fi>, Turku Polytechnic