[horde] have to login repeatedly, Apache crashes

Peter Wiringa pw at visi.com
Thu Jan 1 22:59:10 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm hoping this is some minor setting in the Horde configuration that is
wreaking havoc, but I login to Horde and am taken directly to Kronolith,
the only app I have running.  No days appear on the calendar but my name is
still remembered (the "Welcome, Pete" at the top).  Clicking on any item
returns me to the login screen.  If I try to login again, Apache crashes
and php4ts.dll is blamed.

I know this seems like more of an Apache problem than a Horde one, but has
anyone else seen this?  I'm running Horde 2.2.4 with Kronolith 1.1 under
PHP 4.3.4 and Apache 1.3.29 on a WinXP machine.  I've seen references to a
problem with sessions in Windows and the session save path in PHP, on both
Apache and Horde list archives.  My sessions path in php.ini looks OK and
seems to be working just fine.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Horde issue with handling PHP
sessions, PHP problem with sessions, or Apache problem?  Or something not
related to sessions at all?

Thanks,
Pete