[horde] Loading of preferences when $conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'none';

Stuart Bingë s.binge at codefusion.co.za
Wed Jan 7 03:56:44 PST 2004

Hi there,

I've recently been looking at the preference driver code, and have
discovered what I would think is a bug, but it could be a
misunderstanding of the design on my part.

Each preference driver (ldap, sql, etc) calls

$this->_setDefaults('horde');
$this->_setDefaults($this->_scope);

in its retrieve() function, in order to load the default preferences
from config/prefs.php (both Hordes and the current applications). If the
preference driver is set to 'none' in Hordes conf.php file, however, a
basic Prefs object is constructed - this object currently has a no-op
retrieve() function, meaning that no preferences what-so-ever are loaded.

Surely it should be the case that by default Prefs->retrieve() should
also call

$this->_setDefaults('horde');
$this->_setDefaults($this->_scope);

in order to load the default preferences? As it stands now it is
basically impossible to not use some form of preferences driver, as the
$prefs array is otherwise blank, causing all sorts of problems for the
various applications.

Regards,

--
Stuart Bingë