[horde] still can't get past 'You must configure a category backend'

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jan 10 21:11:01 PST 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 21:37, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:
>
> > Anyway - end result is that I cannot justify continuing to spend more
> > hours on trying to make head work. It's a shame
>
> That's a pretty strange reaction to bleeding-edge, unreleased development
> software.
----
OK - I still have HEAD on the hard drive and can dump the horde db for
RELENG versions and create horde db for HEAD in a matter of
seconds...are you offering some help?  Should I 're-post' my
horde/config/conf.php from HEAD? Any other suggestions?

I haven't logged my time persuing getting HEAD to work but just
guessing, I think I am over 8 hours of time. RELENG - 10 minutes.

I'm not criticizing the software, the authors, the documentation or
anything beyond my ability to make it work. My abilities are clearly
suspect since other people (at least 2) have made it work.

Thanks for caring and I am sorry for my strange reaction to bleeding
edge - unreleased software - I want it to work with it.

Craig