[horde] Sandboxing Horde Libraries

Mike Bydalek mbydalek at zivix.com
Fri Jan 23 20:02:11 PST 2004

Currently, on one server I am running 3 different versions of Horde Head.  Two
of the versions are strictly for dev. purposes, but one has gotten to the point
that it needs to "stable" (or static) due to the amount of people using it.

My question is: is there a good way to basically put all the pear libraries in
a folder other than that specified in php.ini, and have that 1 installation of
Horde use those instead?  The reason being since Horde is constantly being
updated, if I update the framework, it has a potential to break the one I need
to be static.

I do have some ideas on how to do this, mainly something to do with replacing
all references to a static directly location in the code, but I figured I'd
write those who know best. =)

-Mike