[horde] Horde Authentication over OpenLDAP

Edwin Culp eculp at viviendaatualcance.com.mx
Mon Jan 26 13:04:44 PST 2004

Quoting luiz at pucrs.br:

> Hello
>
> I´m trying to install the Horde in one Solaris 9 box running OpenLDAP and
> Courier IMAP Server. In the google and list archives, I´ve found some docs
> about to use the LDAP to store prefs of the Horde, but anything about
> authentication using OpenLDAP. Is it possible to make it? When I try to log
> in with one LDAP user, there are the following error:
>
> "Required 'hostspec' not specified in authentication configuration."

For my version of horde, head, for prefs I use:

$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';

The array may be different in your version, I don't remember.

For auth I use the same localhost and it works fine.

$conf['auth']['params'] = array(
        'hostspec' => 'localhost',
        'port' => 389,

I hope this helps,